Archive for July, 2007|Monthly archive page
As I sit in Dubai airport musing about the heavy shopping that is going on and various announcements being repeated, I am amused as to how fast time flies! It was 3 months back, that I sat in this airport before I flew to UK and today, that event seemed like yesterday. Time usually flies and before you realize, the moments would have passed. And when you have fun day in day out – well, time just zips!!
It’s been an eventful 3 months in UK. Learnt a lot of things – both personal and professional. My cooking skills have dramatically improved, learnt ice-skating, my badminton is much better than before, visited quite a few places (you can find all the pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/dkirand), learnt different types of trekking but much more than all of this is the fact that I made some great friends – each with his own individualities and quirks, but great fun all the same. And to top it, I had my best friends out there in UK which made the trip all the more memorable.
I need not reiterate how a fun crowd can ease off whatever pressure you are under, and the crowd at my place was exactly that. JT with his one-liners and MTV loveline, JK with his amazing skill at map-reading and directions, VS with his god-enthu for Rajni and Tamil movies and VA with his culinary skills (one of the best I have tasted) and fun-loving nature. Couple this with the fact that I was also spending time with my best friends – I was having the time of my life!!
3 months and it passed like a moment. It’s already been more than 4 years since Engineering and as I was chatting with my friend, it seems yesterday. I guess the same feeling pervades across every one of us. Nostalgic, yes but then as one of my friends frequently used to say ‘This too shall pass!’ – we always have something better to look forward to everyday and currently I just see a hectic one week ahead of me .
1) I am currently addicted to ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ and ‘Two and Half Men’, thanks to the past three months. I have no idea how will I cope without these serials everyday!! (I assume that Star World in India doesn’t telecast these sitcoms).
2) Was just wondering as I peeped out of the window of the plane – I saw huge thick clouds just before the plane descended and when the plane landed, I just saw a clear sky above. Now I understand why the top management always has a clouded view of the details below them and vice-versa .
3) Wrote this post in a real hurry coz I know that once I land in India, I would possibly lose this strange feeling and secondly, am getting late to catch my flight!! Grammatical and Spelling mistakes – my Apologies .
photographs upon me]
- Why does every tamilian’s sentence have to end with a ‘da’ or ‘ye’ or a ‘macchii’?? Tamil is such a beautiful language, kindly use its vocabulary people!!
- Why do some people always live in the past? Is it because they are too scared to face/live in the present or do they take pride/pleasure living in the past?
- People nowadays take extreme pleasure in exhibiting self-centric/egotist behavior and they are proud of it. Never can understand why – to quote Albert Einstein ‘A life directed chiefly toward the fulfillment of personal desires will sooner or later always lead to bitter disappointment’. The same population exhibiting such behavior know about this and yet continue to do the same – ????
- What is this fascination for Rajni’s style or Hritik’s biceps, Vidya Balan’s eyes or Katrina’s smile?? Appreciating perfection – I do not think so! Idolism – No way. Why??
- Expecting people to talk to you and shower affection when you want it and not returning the favor when people are in need of it – what should I call this behavior? Nonsensical, to say the least.
- Can someone convince of the necessity for daylight savings time? No one seems to be able give me a logical answer.
- The whole world cannot laugh/cry with you when you want to laugh/cry. Blaming the world being insensitive because it doesn’t empathise with you/understand you is stupidity if not foolish.
- Last but not the least, kindly do not expect me to comment on how smart/pretty/handsome/beautiful you are looking whenever you change the orkut profile pic!! Please don’t – if the pic can be commented on, I will – good, bad or the ugly!!!